Creating (dissecting) the digital flower
1 One leaflet was dissected from the blackberry (back) leaf image.
2. The image was modified in Photoshop.
3. The modified image was placed in an InDesign document 280 x 280 mm (11 x 11 inches), then duplicated and rotated around a central axis.
4. The "petals" are grouped together.
5. The group was duplicated, rotated and scaled down
6. The scaled down petals were pasted over the first group of petals
7. This procedure was repeated some nineteen times to create the finished flower.